If you’re listening to this podcast, there’s a good chance you know someone personally who has launched a Kickstarter campaign. Did you feel obligated to back it? We try to break down this social etiquette around the subject in this episode.
In this episode, we discuss the life of a game, particularly with a crowd-funded game. We go through the schedule from start to finish and a high-level of everything in between! Specifically, we hit on these points:
- Make sure design is finished
- The major steps include:
- Manufacturing and Proofing
- Kickstarter Prep
- Review Copies
- Informing Retailers
- Shipping and Fulfillment
- Art takes longer than expected
- Break down EVERY task and element
- The order of the tasks matters
- Run aspects by outside eyes
- Where can we find an in-depth description of the process?
- What task management tools are available?
- What is the overall timeline?
Audio/Podcast Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP040.mp3
Why should a prospective crowd-funding backer contribute to a campaign? Why not wait for the game to come out? We talk about our experience and lessons learned as
we cover these topics:
- Get a lower price
- Make a better game/exclusives
- Be a part of the process
- Get the game early
- Inside information
- Back before you make your own campaign
- World’s Best Travel Jacket – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597538543/the-worlds-best-travel-jacket-with-15-features-bau
Learn Chris Reynolds’ secrets to laying out your crowd-funding page to give potential backers what they want to see and read. He also gives some tips on general marketing of a board game so come have a listen!
This is all about the fulfillment company called Send from China. We describe this service from a first-hand perspective covering these topics:
– What is Send from China?
– Why might I use it?
– What are some potential pitfalls?
– User Interface
– Payment Options
– Shipping Calculator
– Currency Conversion
– Packaging Options
– EU/AU/CA Friendly
– Customer Service
Podcast Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/FLP028.mp3
http://www.sendfromchina.com/ – The SFC website.
Richard Bliss hosts the Kickstarter Panel at the San Jose Protospiel. All Kickstarter topics are discussed from the following panelists:
- Jeremy Commandeur
- Brian Henk
- Teale Fristoe
- Aldo Ghiozzi
- Richard Bliss
Podcast/Audio Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/output_ks.mp3
The Forbidden Limb debuts on The Dice Tower Network with tips on finding art for your prototype.