We discuss the top 5 most common rough edges on a Kickstarter game so you can avoid them on yours!
Listen Here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP074.mp3
Learn all about Jeremy’s “7 Rules for Writing Rules” and what Richard and Brian think about them. We actually disagree on this on more than most episodes!
- Force yourself to write your rules right away and have them ready for your first playtest with real people.
- Start strong. Tell a story as you give the theme.
- Use software to maintain your rules and keep them always up-to-date.
- Add notes to add diagrams later.
- Put a component list at the end of the rules use a component diagram with labels.
- Use 2nd person to specify “you”.
- Use white space and formatted lists.
Richard, Jeremy, and Brian talk about writing rules. Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Different styles of reading and writing rules
- Rules layouts
- Managing versions of rules
- Rules editors
- Sanity test
- Reference cards vs. rules
- Rules for an expansion
- Blind playtests
– The Game Crafter Sanity Tests