Here are the chipboard-related topics we discuss:
- Why use chipboard?
- Why wouldn’t you want to?
- 3D chipboard constructions
- Cost analysis
- Sizes and custom shapes
- Standard sheets/thickness/layers
- Finishes and coating
- Unpub/Protospiel San Jose
Audio Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP035.mp3
Richard, Jeremy, and Brian talk about writing rules. Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Different styles of reading and writing rules
- Rules layouts
- Managing versions of rules
- Rules editors
- Sanity test
- Reference cards vs. rules
- Rules for an expansion
- Blind playtests
– The Game Crafter Sanity Tests
Here we talk about the convention tips we’ve learned over the years, such as:
– tools for running a booth
– good deals on signage for a booth or table
– traffic patterns
– booth tables, chairs, table runners
– options for taking credit cards
– vendor licenses
– booth cover
– health essentials
Podcast/Audio Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/FLP024.mp3
In this episode, we ask a REAL LAWYER, Zachary Strebeck, about the questions you’ve always wanted to ask about the game industry. Zach has been a contributor for The Dice Tower for a long time as he specializes in board and video game cases and clients. Here are some topics we cover:
- Copyrights, Patents
- Creative Commons Licenses
- Contract Pitfalls
- Protecting Game Mechanics
- What do I do if someone steals my game idea?
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
http://www.strebecklaw.com/ – Zach’s website.
http://legalmovespodcast.com/ – Zach’s podcast.
This panel was from the 2015 San Jose Protospiel and covered design and publishing of tabletop games. It was hosted by Grant Rodiek and also had Teale Fristoe, Chris Castagnetto, Jeremy Commandeur, and Brian Henk.
Podcast/Audio Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/audio_inc_intro.mp3