Listen Here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP074.mp3
Learn all about Jeremy’s “7 Rules for Writing Rules” and what Richard and Brian think about them. We actually disagree on this on more than most episodes!
- Force yourself to write your rules right away and have them ready for your first playtest with real people.
- Start strong. Tell a story as you give the theme.
- Use software to maintain your rules and keep them always up-to-date.
- Add notes to add diagrams later.
- Put a component list at the end of the rules use a component diagram with labels.
- Use 2nd person to specify “you”.
- Use white space and formatted lists.
Here are the chipboard-related topics we discuss:
- Why use chipboard?
- Why wouldn’t you want to?
- 3D chipboard constructions
- Cost analysis
- Sizes and custom shapes
- Standard sheets/thickness/layers
- Finishes and coating
- Unpub/Protospiel San Jose
Audio Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP035.mp3
We cover lessons learned in talking to tabletop game manufacturers so you can better prepare for the next time you need to work with one.