Brian makes a list of the top 10 mistakes new designers make from the perspective of a publisher and we all debate about it. This covers things like the design decisions that will make a game harder to sell. Jeremy will share his list from a designer perspective in the next episode!
Today we talk about manufacturing quality. Here are some of the topics:
- Print-on-Demand Quality
- CMYK & RGB Issues
- Defects and Limitations
- When are defects worth the risk?
- Which manufacturer should publishers choose?
- How to gauge quality
- Quality for repetitive use
- Does the manufacturer influence a purchase?
We give our top 5 tips for convention preparation from the designer and publisher perspective. We also cover these topics:
– Smaller conventions vs. bigger conventions
– Should we go to non-gaming conventions?
– Matching conventions to your theme
– Reusing signage and supplies
– How many copies to bring?
– Packing for a con
Audio/Podcast Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/FLP025.mp3
We talk about improving the relationship between a publisher and an artist. What are some tips to make it mutually beneficial?
Working with Artists | Hyperbole Games
Kelley McMorris illustration: Self-Published Authors: 10 Tips on How to Email an Illustrator
The Forbidden Limb debuts on The Dice Tower Network with tips on finding art for your prototype.
Jeremy tells us the top 9 items he believes designers should consider adding to a publishing contract before they sign it.
We don’t have video for this one due to some camera issues. Sorry about that!