Today we talk about designing and publishing games for a particular market. Here are some of the topics/questions we cover:
- What’s a target market?
- Which markets are commonly considered in the board game industry?
- Identifying the market that’s right for your game.
- Should I use elements to my game to fit a particular group of consumers?
- Do publishers have a specific market in mind when they are scouting games?
- How do things like ease of play and length of play factor into a market segment?
- Should I design a game for a specific market?
- Should designers put their target market on their sell sheet?
- Are there specific conventions where you’ll find publishers for specific markets?