Do you have a game that you want to get into the magical land of “distribution”? We talk about how to make that happen! Some topics we discuss are:
- What is distribution?
- What is the structure of the market?
- Why go through distribution?
- What profits can one expect?
- Why do retailers like distribution?
- How does one get picked up by a distributor?
- Big consolidators and distributors
- Minimum print sizes
This is the first episode of The Forbidden Limb podcast/vidcast where we discuss the BUSINESS side of the tabletop gaming industry. In this episode, we talk about pricing a game and where the profits go when selling it in these different methods of distribution:
- Direct from the publisher’s website
- Direct through Kickstarter
- Publisher to Retailer
- Publisher to Distributor
- Publisher to Distribution Services Company