Here are our top 7 ways to improve your playtest feedback quality. If you want a spoiler, here’s the list!
- Ask negative leading questions. Trash/talk down your own game.
- Stay focused and interested in every word play testers say. Don’t defend anything. Don’t break their flow.
- Focus on problems and steer away from solutions.
- Ask about feelings.
- Explain what type of feedback you’re looking to get.
- Record audio.
- Get anonymous feedback at least once and late in the process.
Audio/Podcast Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP055.mp3
- Unpub Feedback Form – http://unpub.net/feedback/