How do you find the right artist for the style of game you’re making? Commence discussion! Topics:
- Finding artists to fit your target market.
- Identifying market segments.
- Examples of illustrations or graphic design not fitting the game.
- Selecting images for the Star Trek Trading Card Game.
- What should I look for when requesting quotes?
- What kind of budget should I expect?
Audio/Podcast Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/BGBP051.mp3
We continue with our top 10 mistakes new designers make with a list from the designer perspective, led by Jeremy Commandeur. Learn what you can avoid and tell us if we missed any big ones in the comments!
Brian interviews Eduardo Baraf about his company Pencil First Games and all the analog and digital games he has designed and published. He recently released Gem Packed Cards with both a card game version and a mobile version of it at roughly the same time. We talk about how that went and so much more in this interview.
Podcast/Audio Version: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theforbiddenlimb/eduardo_interview.mp3